SAFE SUPPORTIVE EMPOWERING
Show your support by making a charitable contribution to Living in Safe Alternatives, Inc. Your donation helps us provide safe, supportive, empowering programs for youth and families.
DONORS & FUNDERS
We Need Your Support.
Living in Safe Alternatives is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. We need and appreciate the financial support of corporations, small businesses and individuals in addition to our annual grant writing and fund raising efforts. If you feel LISA, Inc. is a worthwhile cause and would like to help, there are a variety of ways you can contribute.
Thank you for your support!
Your Support Helps.
- Funds raised will support pro-social activities, psycho-educational groups, and extra curricular activities for our young people.
The Community Foundation of Greater New Britain awarded $10,000 to LISA, Inc. to help support strategic planning efforts. These funds will help to pay to research, develop, and plan for a 3-5 year strategic plan focused on diversifying funding, data-driven decision making, and board development work.
LISA, Inc. held it’s first-ever FRIEND-Raiser on October 5th, 2016. Homewood Suites generously donated space for the event, Geno’s Grill donated wonderful appetizers and Paul Gregory’s supported by providing delicious desserts. Over 20 people from the local area attended, resulting in an outpouring of support for the agency and the residents we serve. Former resident Faith spoke to the group about how LISA, Inc. helped her get on track. If you would like to be invited to our next FRIEND-raiser, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the mailing list.
- January 22, 2015 Our 8th Annual Raise Your Spirits Again! Tasting Event will take place on Sunday, May 3rd from 5-8pm at La Bella Vista in Waterbury. Come enjoy food samples from local restaurants, wine/beer/spirits provided by Nutmeg Fine Wines and Liquors, and possibly claim one of our silent auction or raffle items! More information under events.
- March 18, 2016 In this professional development seminar focused on caregiver renewal, we will explore simple, manageable, step-by-step approaches for fitting self-care into your busy workday and life. CLICK HERE for More Information.
- September 12, 2016 Save the date for next year October 2,2017 at The Farms Country Club in Wallingford, CT
- November 30, 2016 Stay tuned in for more information
Learn more about the programs that you can help support.
A non-residential program for youth ages 15-21, located in the Greater Waterbury region. A combination of group and individulized sessions teaching life skills to teenagers in foster care, support the transition to independent living.
Lisa's WISH provides a warm, safe, secure, structured environmet, counseling, therapy and more. Statewide referrals by the Department of Children and Families for females ages 17-20 with mild to moderate mental illness, history of abuse, and/or in foster care.
Transitional apartments for older adolescent males and females working towards independence- including expectant and parenting mothers. LISA, Inc. owns one and two bedroom condos, with 24/7 staff coverage and support.
The Youth Excellence Project is a program for adolescent boys ages 13-17 who are in foster care, congregate care or an independent living facility in Connecticut. Participating youth take part in two half-day workshops per month leading up to a weeklong adventure trip to the Channel Islands National Park in Santa Barbara, CA.